Morley Auto Services is one of the longest serving MOT providers in the Redhill and Reigate areas. We offer a thorough, affordable MOT test on site. Remember, if your vehicle is over three years old then you will need it tested once annually for it to be deemed roadworthy.
Top Tips Before Your MOT
- Make sure there is water for the windscreen wipers and check that they work properly.
- Check all lights and signals are working, replacing any bulbs where required. Don’t forget the registration plate light too.
- Don’t present the car for test with the boot crammed full – the Tester may have to look into the boot to examine the rear suspension mounting.
- Have a look at the seat belts. Do they properly engage? Is the belt frayed? They need to be in full working order to pass.
- Visually check tyre condition – make sure the tyre is free from lumps, bulges or cracks.
- Check tread depth is above 1.6mm with the 20p test. Insert a 20p coin into the tread at various places on the tyre. If the rim of the coin is hidden by the tread then it’s likely that tread depth is safe and legal; however if you can see the rim of the coin then it may be that you need to replace your tyres. Not replacing them could result in a fail so ask at us for a free check.